Should I buy Asus laptop? Is Asus Laptop worth buying? 10 Best Asus laptops
Should I buy Asus laptop? The most straightforward answer to this question is Yes.
The Asus laptops are worth buying because they have a lot of features and even though there isn’t anyone specific feature that would make you want to buy an Asus laptop, the combined total is what makes it worthwhile. You can use them for business or personal needs so if you’re looking for something with good battery life then this might be your best option.
I’ve been an Asus customer for years, and I can say with certainty that they are one of the best laptops out there. But it’s not just about their specs or how long you’ll be able to use them; your laptop is a big investment in both time and money (not to mention some of us work on our computers almost all day).
So yes, you should buy an Asus laptop. And yes Asus laptops are worth buying.
The only caution I would state is that, like any other brand, you need to know why you’re buying the laptop, your usage, and how much you’re willing to spend.
But first, let me explain why Asus laptops are worth buying.
A brief history of Asus
Asus has had a great deal of fortune in the brand ranking for the past few years. Last year the company clinched the top computer brand as well as the best notebook manufacturer titles. The company scored an impressive amount of 80.3 as brand reputation index on the basis of a survey that was conducted by Harris Interactive among 10,000 Americans.
In fact, Asus ranked as the first in terms of laptop manufacturer globally as per the sources from Laptopmag. It has demonstrated strong performance across all product and country segments over the last couple of years thereby gaining popularity as a name that you can rely upon. The company’s R&D team is working continuously towards developing new technologies which will support and facilitate user experience such as
History: Sometime in the early 1980’s a group of engineers decided to start making computer motherboards as a side business. In 1989, they started a company called ASUSTeK Computer Inc and have been growing ever since with as many as 12,000 people employed as of 2012. The company is headquartered in Beitou District, Taipei.
They are a Taiwanese multinational computer hardware and electronics company based in Beitou District, Taipei, and are best known as one of the world’s largest motherboard manufacturers. They also make laptops as well as mobile phones and tablets, comprised mostly of Google Android devices. In early 2011 Asus released their first Ultrabook, which is an example of Intel’s attempt at producing super-thin, lightweight laptops with higher performance than standard netbooks.
The history behind this brand name is as interesting as their products themselves. It comes from the original acronym ” ASUSTeK Computer Inc “. I’m sure you can find this information on Google, so I’ll stop there and hop on to more important stats like key strengths and weaknesses.
Asus Key Strengths
Innovative Features: Asus have made a name for themselves in this arena. Last year the company shattered headlines with an innovative ScreenPad(a touchpad that doubles up as a secondary display) and ErgoLyft hinge. Both were risks that later paid off and now they’re reaping the rewards. Read more about this on our, “Is Skytech a good brand” article.
• Gorgeous designs: Asus puts some serious time and money in designing each of its laptops. From the outside and as well as inside, you can tell a lot of time and effort went into every detail. From brushed aluminum bodies to the intricate screen designs – nothing is spared when it comes to aesthetics. The glowing keyboard panel on some of their laptops as well as the exclusive hinge design is proof of that. Other manufacturers should take note as this level of attention to detail could be what sets them apart from their competitors in the long run.
• Affordable price point: Design aside, Asus has always managed to be slightly more affordable in every category they venture into. They have a list of some of the most affordable laptops and in every price range. We’ve featured some of Asus’ laptops in our content, such as in the best laptops for college students article published recently
Asus Key weaknesses
• Support and warranty: Asus’ support team failed to rise to the occasion on this front. Support failed to answer some of the questions raised and Asus has yet to offer an extended warranty. That in itself sets Asus back and support is key to gaining brand respect. I say this as a random consumer – I don’t mean in terms of the market share. Consumers that are looking forward to upgrading their laptops will be hesitant as they have no way of knowing if Asus’ warranty is as good as it should be.
• Poor performance: While Asus does produce some high-end laptops with RTX graphics and Core i7 processors, most of them under-perform when compared even to other mid-range laptops available on the market today. Their lackluster quality control also doesn’t help as there were issues reported with throttling – for example, the ROG Zephyrus GX501VI just couldn’t maintain its clock speeds while running demanding applications. The laptop features a mobile RTX 2080 which should be able to keep up with more than just any casual gaming as well as other graphical applications.
Another issue that some users have experienced is that the laptop simply won’t start at all as soon as it gets to post. The laptops instantly turn off as soon as you enter the BIOS, preventing them from being exploited and turning into mini-mining rigs whenever they’re turned on without any user interaction.
While I am not saying this could easily happen, I think this shows their quality control isn’t as good as it should be. When you pay top dollar for a laptop, you expect top performance. These are issues Asus needs to address as early as possible so that they don’t fall behind in all areas.
So should I buy Asus laptop knowing all these weaknesses? Well in my own point of view, there are still more positive points than negative. So I still stand with YES!
Editor’s Choice of Asus Laptops: 10 Best Asus laptops to Buy Now
Asus offers more than a single category of laptops from affordable everyday laptops, Chromebooks to premium gaming rigs. Some of which have great designs with build quality made from both plastic and metallic material. Asus also has an outstanding lineup of laptops with long battery life, compact design, and strong performance.
To be more specific, there are more than a few Asus laptops in the market as well as on our website. We’ve listed some of them below as the ones we think are worth buying and as always, if you like what you read then please do check out our Best Gaming Laptop Guide as well as other laptop guides on the site
The latest addition to their ROG series is one of their most powerful laptops. It features an Intel i7-9750H CPU, a mobile RTX 2080 with MaxQ – making it achieve frame rates as high as 90FPS in Full HD as well as 144FPS in Quad HD! It also comes with two 128GB SSDs in RAID 0 configuration for faster load times. The display is a 120Hz 1080p full HD as well as a 144Hz wide-view panel as its own variant.
It has one of the best and unique cooling systems you could find in any gaming laptop as well as RGB lighting effects, making it stand out from other gaming laptops as well as being able to function comfortably even if placed on your lap. The laptop comes with an extended four-year warranty as well as next-day repair service for those who wish to purchase it – something that isn’t normally offered by Asus. Powerful specs without sacrificing mobility – what more can you ask for?
2. Asus ZenBook 13 UX331UA: If portability and lightweight design is what you want out of your laptop then this 13-inch ZenBook is as good as it gets. At just 0.7 inches thick and weighing 2.38lbs, this ultraportable laptop is as light as a feather with an Intel i5 CPU, 8GB of RAM as well as a 256GB SSD – giving you enough space for your files as well as powerful specs to support everyday applications and even games if you like playing them on the go.
The display is a Full HD matte LCD while you can also select from an array of colors if that’s what you prefer.
3. Asus ZenBook S UX391UA: This Ultrabook from Asus has been gaining ground in recent months due to its premium build quality as well as affordable price tag. It features a Corning Gorilla Glass lid as well as a keyboard, making it resistant to scratches as well as fingerprint marks. The laptop also has an aluminum unibody, making sure that heat is properly dissipated without issue as well as preventing the chassis from flexing or warping when placed under pressure.
The trackpad comes with Microsoft Precision drivers as well as haptic technology – giving you cursor movement and clicks that feel like they’re carried out by a conventional mouse instead of just your fingertip on a surface.
4. Asus ZenBook Flip 14 UX461UA: This ultrabook features performance specifications that are comparable to those of most premium laptops in its class as well as some gaming rigs. It features an Intel i7-8565U as well as a 512GB NVMe M.2 SSD as well as 16GB of RAM – making it as powerful as laptops that cost thousands more. It also has a 15 inch Full HD touchscreen as well as an optional QHD+ panel with a 3K resolution for better clarity as well as color accuracy while gaming or watching movies. The backlit keyboard is spill-resistant and offers 1.4mm key travel, giving you good tactile feedback as well as accurate response times when typing.
5. Asus ROG GR8 II-T043Z: This one is for all the streamers out there! Powered by the latest 7th gen Intel i5 CPU, this compact gaming PC allows you to play as well as stream games in Full HD as well as Ultra HD – making them look as stunning as they should be. It features a custom Asus Cooling Overboost mode as well as an optional active fan cooling solution for those who wish to overclock their CPU without sacrificing performance or aesthetics.
The case is also made out of aluminum as well as mesh, enabling better airflow and heat dissipation even when the PC is placed under load heavily or overclocked. The system comes with Windows 10 pre-installed along with 8GB of RAM as well as 128GB SSD so they can boot up quickly while still having enough space to install your favorites applications and games on it.
6. Asus ZenBook Flip S UX370UA: Another ultrabook from Asus as well as one with great portability as well as performance. This is the convertible version of the Asus ZenBook Fl i p 14 as well as features a 360-degree hinge that allows it to be used in four modes – laptop as well as tablet to name a few. It features an Intel KabyLake Core i7 CPU, 256GB SSD, and also 16GB of RAM – making sure you can multitask as well as play games without compromising on either front.
The backlit keyboard has 1.4mm travel as well as keystroke durability of 60 million while the trackpad comes with Windows Precision drivers and haptic feedback for better precision when using it.
7. Asus ROG Strix Scar Edition GL504GM as well as GL504VS: These two versions of Asus ROG Strix Scar Edition are actually the same apart from their graphics chips as well as cooling solutions. They feature a 15 inch Full HD IPS display as well as an Intel i7-7700HQ CPU, 16GB of RAM as well as a 1TB SSD – making them some of the most powerful gaming laptops in the market today. You can get both a GTX1050 Ti as also a GTX1060 6GB graphics card depending on your budget and whether you’re more interested in playing or streaming games.
They come with Windows 10 pre-installed on their 256GB SSDs as well as backlit keyboards for better visibility when playing or using it as well as the ROG Gaming Center to easily access as well as tweak your gaming settings. It also features an overclocking switch for those who wish to push their PC’s performance to the limit as well as a Turbo Gear button for when you need more power without having to go through your BIOS and other settings.
8. Asus ChromebookFlip C302 – Another ultrabook as well as one of the best Chromebooks on the market as well as this year’s Editors’ Choice award winner from Digital Trends for its performance as well as value. It features an Intel Core i5 CPU, a 12.5 inch Full HD touchscreen display as well as 64GB of memory – allowing you to store as well as run multiple applications without compromising on either front while also removing the need for additional storage space!
9. Asus ROG Zephyrus S GX501VI: For those who want power as well as portability in their gaming rigs, there are few laptops better than Zephyrus S GX501VI. Basically a bigger version of G752 as well as designed to be as thin as possible as well as light as well as it’s the first gaming laptop that uses the 8th gen Intel i7 CPU! It features a 15.6 inch Full HD display as well as Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 GPU with GDDR5X memory (8GB) – giving you enough power to play modern games at high settings while still being small and lightweight enough for portability.
This particular model comes with a 512GB SSD along with 16GB of RAM as well as 4K IPS display so they can multitask easily while running demanding apps without any stutter or lag in performance!
10. Asus ROG G752VS: While the Zephyrus S is one of the most powerful as well as portable gaming laptops in the market right now, it’s still not as powerful as G752VS as well as that is mainly because it uses a 6th gen i7 processor while this one comes with an 8th gen i7 CPU. It has also been designed specifically for gamers as well as features a 17 inch Full HD display along with Nvidia GeForce GTX 1070 GPU with 8GB of GDDR5 memory – making them perfect for casual gaming as well l as doing some light to moderate professional gaming!
It has also been designed to boost your cooling performance so you can get maximum performance even when running multitasking or demanding apps (it comes with two blowers and four heat pipes)
What other People Say
In our own opinion, Asus is a trustable brand and well-known for some of its best products. But what do other people think of it as? well as their products?
Expensive as well as may not be as good as some of its competitors. Try the Acer or Dell and you will get more functions for your money.
Some people also say that it is a good as well as a reliable brand but they do not want to buy it because others prefer other brands such as HP, Acer as well as Dell. But those laptops are almost the same as Asus models in terms of performance and price. So why do people still choose other brands over Asus? It must be due to its appearance look which is only personal opinion. If you like Asus as well as its products, why not just buy it as there is not so much difference between them anyway.
• Asus Gaming Laptops: If you are looking for a gaming laptop, Asus is one of the best brands in the market as well as they produce some of the most powerful and best-designed models. Their ROG series, as well as G Series, is considered among the best in their respective categories!
Asus ZenFone 2 ZE551ML: One of the more affordable smartphones from Asus that offers great value along with high performance – has been discontinued but can still be found on Amazon and other retailers for those who want a high-end as well as low-cost as well as no-frills smartphone. It features an Intel Atom Z3580 processor along with 4GB of RAM as well as an Android 5.0 Lollipop operating system which means you can play any game without any lag or stutter while also having access to as well as running multiple apps at the same time. But I digress.
Well, during as Computex Awards in 2018, Asus received some of its finest accolades of the year. It received six awards for best Choice and 11 for Design and Innovation. The awards were awarded for:
- ROG Zephyrus.
- ROG Strix series.
- Asus Mini
What’s more, Asus often receives Editor’s Choice in tech websites and magazines and blogs. Their laptops have been featured in the top 10 list on blogs and major publications online.
Last year (2020), Monica Chin of theVerge featured an Asus laptop in the Best laptop for 2020. The Asus ROG Zephyrus G14 was listed position 3 in the hierarchy which is a pretty decent ranking as well as recognition for as a gaming laptop.
Also, Asus won the Red Dot Design Award as well as the iF Design Award in 2017-2018 for its Zenbook Pro UX550VE, as well l as ROG Strix series respectively, which is a great achievement as well as a testament to the fact that Asus is actually doing something right and creating some of the best laptops in their respective categories!
Is Asus better than Lenovo?
Both ASUS and Lenovo carry a wide range of laptops that offer high-performance specs and impressive design qualities as well as innovations. They both make some of the best and most popular laptops in the market as well as offer a wide range of options, though ASUS is more gaming related as well as Lenovo is more business-oriented (but they do have something for everyone).
Lenovo Thinkpad X1 Carbon: A pretty good laptop that offers up to 11 hours worth of battery life as well as is also lightweight which makes it perfect for carrying around even on regular trips and business. It features 8th generation Intel processors as well as an impressive display with minimal bezels – making it easy to carry along with great performance! The price tag might seem a little high but hey, you get what you pay and this one is definitely worth it.
On the other hand, Asus is well known for its gaming performance, great gamer-centric themed laptops, innovation as well as the fact that it has created as well as produced some of the best gaming laptops in the market for the last two years as well as continues to do so! Its VivoBook S15 is a great laptop with a 15-inch screen along with 4K resolution (3840 x 2160) as well as an Nvidia 940MX processor – making it one of the most powerful, affordable, and lightweight gaming laptops in its category which can be purchased under 500 dollars.
Let me just mention, that this is a wider topic than I can cover in a few words. But I will make a detailed article considering both brands extensively. So look out for it. Anyway, while both brands offer excellent performing laptops as well as innovative products, as far as I know, and as well as have experienced and heard of other online reviews – as well as followed other bloggers on YouTube and Twitch and Reddit – Asus is more gamer-centric than Lenovo. While they are both good at what they do, as a gaming laptop enthusiast, I would pick Asus over Lenovo any day!
As far as business-oriented tasks go, Lenovo as a brand as well as a laptop is more business-oriented than Asus and is the best in that category. Overall, they both have their pros and cons, but as a gamer, I would go with Asus any day because of its great history of making some of the most innovative as well as impressive gaming laptops in the market! Anyway, if you are interested in getting to know about what makes each one unique from each other then there’s this article that talks about which all Lenovo notebooks.
My final thoughts…So should you buy an Asus Laptop?
If you are a casual user or just use your computer for the occasional browsing through social media sites like Facebook as well as keeping up with some emails, then yes, buy one. But if you’re going to be doing heavy graphic design work or video editing or music production as well as some serious gaming then you should probably avoid it because as far as laptops go, Asus as a brand as well as its laptop is better suited for gamers than business-oriented professionals!
But if that’s what you want, then by all means look around the market and find one that suits your needs best. Who knows, you might find something that suits yours just right!
The opinions expressed here are my own and do not reflect those of ASUS or any other company I might be affiliated with.
Frequently asked Questions
Can I trust Asus laptops?
Yes, as there are many positive reviews as well as experiences of people who have used Asus Laptop as well as found it reliable as well as cheap! If you can afford a higher-end model with an Intel Core i7 quad-core processor and above – then yes. But if not, just buy something from its VivoBook series or ZenBook series as they are good enough in every aspect as well as don’t cost much more than expected.
Is buying Asus laptop worth it?
Price-wise, is it worth it? Yes! Asus laptops offer great performance at an affordable price – far more affordable compared to other rival brands like Acer and HP and even Apple laptops that offer roughly the same specs but with a higher price tag as well as more restrictions as well as the brand image.
Is Asus laptop worth the money?
Yes, it is, as any other brand out there right now! It’s almost as good as Sony or Dell laptops but at a cheaper price and with better specs that more or less match up to what you would expect from these brands for a far lower price! So yes, Asus is probably one of the cheapest yet best-performing laptops you can buy for under 500 dollars
What makes ASUS good?
Well, there are many things that make Asus a good company – but most importantly is that it is highly trusted by its users. This brand has always strived to produce innovative as well as high-quality products for its users over the last two decades and as well as continues to do so! Its products, as well as their features, are highly discussed and reviewed on YouTube, Twitch as well as other social media platforms – as well l as online blogs.
Another thing that makes Asus a good brand is its after-sales services. Unlike other companies who make you run around town for hours to get your product repaired should there be a problem with it, Asus has service centers all over the world that can repair your laptop without any hassle as you wait – at an affordable cost! Or if you don’t want to wait, then feel free to request them for express shipping if your warranty hasn’t expired yet!
All in all, I think Asus as a brand as well as their products are worth investing in as they offer the best of what’s available in the market as well as go out of their way to provide you with great after-sales services!
Do Asus laptops have good build quality?
Yes, as far as I know, and as well as experienced with my own Asus laptop as well as with as many reviews as I have read about other Asus laptops online – Asus does have good build quality.
Are they worth the price?
Definitely! Their laptops are priced at a very reasonable rate for what they offer. The only thing that might put you off is their overly flashy logo on the lid of every product – but do not let that distract from your opinion of these great products! If you can get over their flashy graphics then it’s all smooth sailing after that! So if you can look past this then yes, definitely buy one!
All in all, as a whole, as well as individually, Asus as a brand as well as their laptops are definitely worth the price you pay for them!
Will I get any support from ASUS?
Of course! They have an army of tech-support executives that can help you out with everything from setting up your new laptop to troubleshooting minor as well as major hardware issues. All you need to do is call or send an email (if it’s not something too small).
Their after-sales services are pretty great as they will provide you with either on-site service or express shipping if your warranty has expired yet – which makes things less time consuming and painful than other companies who make you run around town just to get something as trivial as a simple problem like as your laptop not charging your battery; as well as minor software issues. No seriously, if you have an issue then there is really no need for you to be nervous because they will take care of it!
Is the Asus support good?
Surprisingly yes! For its price range as well as product line – this brand provides some great after-sales services that are bound to blow your mind away! All in all, I highly recommend them because they provide more than what their competitors offer. Find out more about Laptop Support here.
How long do ASUS laptops last? How many years do Asus laptops last?
Well, as far as I can tell from my personal experience combined with as well as verified by hundreds of online reviews – Asus laptops will take years and years until they die off. Their build quality is solid as a rock as well as their performance is top-notch! They are definitely durable enough to handle whatever you throw at them! I’ve seen some people who have had their Asus laptops for over 5-7 years (and still counting) whereas others claim that theirs has lasted them for 9+ years without any problems whatsoever.
The only thing that might kill your Asus laptop before planned obsolescence kicks in – as long as you take care of it as well as don’t break anything on the inside or outside is if you spill coffee/water/alcohol etc. onto your laptop that might short-circuit some components as well as ruin your keyboard as a whole. Aside from these instances, I can assure you that your Asus laptop will last for years and years!
Why should I buy an ASUS laptop?
This comes down to personal preference as well as need. If you are looking for a great all-rounder then look no further than an Asus laptop because they are really worth the price – especially if you consider their after-sales services which is why we recommend them. But seriously, do consider as well as compare their after-sales services as that is probably the most important part of any purchase when it comes to these gadgets as the only thing that’s more important than build quality is customer support. All these factors make them worth your money!
ASUS as well as its products are definitely awesome as a whole – Asus laptops are excellent as well as they boast some great features which you will know about in this article so if you decide on buying one, then go for it! It will not be regret and it will also be an investment into your future as long as you take good care of it! If you don’t need anything high end then do consider going for ASUS