If you’d like to watch movies with your friends remotely, you can always learn how to stream movies on Discord. Streaming movies on Discord is one incredible way to watch movies together without compromising on the quality. So, if you’re curious to know, how is that even possible? You’ll be surprised at how simple it is.
First, head to the Discord settings by tapping on 3 vertical dots on the top-right. A drop-down menu will appear for you to choose “Settings”. Next, click on “Advanced” to then click on “System”. Now, toggle off the 2nd option labeled “Use hardware acceleration when available”. Restart the Discord and open “Voice Channel” to launch Screen Sharing. Under “app settings”, click on “Advanced” by scrolling down to the end. Toggle off “Hardware Acceleration”
Learn more about the benefits and drawbacks of streaming movies on Discord and how to stream movies on it. Let’s dig in!
Benefits of Streaming Movies on Discord
A couple of benefits support why you should stream movies on Discord. So, let’s have a look at them.
- You can watch movies remotely without being in the same room.
- No need to worry about buffering or lagging as Discord uses high-quality servers.
- You can also have a voice chat while watching movies, making it more interactive and fun.
Drawbacks of Streaming Movies on Discord
Despite having so many benefits, Discord also has some drawbacks that you should be aware of.
- If any group member leaves, it can disrupt the movie experience for others.
- Setting up Discord might be a pain in the neck if you’re not cheeky.
- There are certain risks involved in sharing your screen with unknown people.
So, these were some pros and cons of streaming movies on Discord. Overall, it’s a great way to watch movies with friends in different locations. And if you’re careful about the people you add to your server, there are fewer chances of any issue.
How to Stream Movies on Discord
Here’s how to do it:
- First, head over to the Discord settings by clicking on 3 vertical dots on the top-right. This will bring a drop-down menu. Choose “Settings”.
- Next, click on “Advanced” to discover more settings, and click on “System”.
- Now toggle off the 2nd option labeled “Use hardware acceleration when available”.
- Restart the Discord and open “Voice Channel” to launch Screen Sharing
- Play the desired movie.
- Once the movie is playing, go to “Server Settings”, located at bottom-left
- Under “app settings”, click on “Advanced” by scrolling down to the end
- Toggle off “Hardware Acceleration”
That’s how easy it is to stream movies flawlessly on Discord. So, next time you and your friends plan to watch movies together, don’t forget to try this method. We’re sure you’ll have a great time.