How to cancel HP Instant Ink
If you’ve been on the HP Instant Ink program, I’m sure one time or another you’ve thought of how to cancel HP Instant Ink but haven’t really figured it out. We can help you with that. If you’re on HP Instant Ink, cancel your subscription online today by visiting this website: https://www.hpinstantink.com/cancel.html
10 Things You Need to Know Before You Cancel HP Instant Ink
- You can cancel the HP Instant Ink plan at any time without penalty. In most cases, if you have a printer plan and cancel before the trial period ends, you will be charged for your first month of service. You can find out more about cancellation here: https://www.hpinstantink.com/faq.html
- You can sign up for HP Instant Ink online or on a mobile application available on iTunes and Google Play™. If you’re canceling through the mobile application, make sure to delete it from your device after signing up.
- If you need help with canceling your HP Instant Ink account visit: https://www1.hpconnected.com/solutionLibrary/~/media/1496974C295B4736AADDD53E5B3F4F50.ashx
- If you cancel your plan, you can continue to print and pay for copies at your current prices until the next billing cycle starts. You will not be able to order new ink or toner through HP Instant Ink during that time.
- HP Instant Ink cartridges do not work after the end of your current billing period, so don’t let them run out. Replacing a cartridge before the time is up will suspend your account until you have a replacement cartridge in place.
- Instant Ink cartridges may be available from third-party retailers even after your HP Instant Ink plan ends, but this is not recommended or supported by HP. You can find out more information here: https://support.hpinstantink.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?docId=emr_na-c00305126&docLocale=en_US&docId=emr_na-c00305126
- You must cancel at least one day before your renewal date to avoid being charged for another month of service. If you don’t do this, your subscription may continue for another month without your knowledge or permission.
- You can’t switch plans after you cancel HP Instant Ink, but if you’re moving to a new location, you may be able to sign up in that area. If it’s within 50 miles of your old address, no phone call is required. Otherwise, you’ll need the consent of the person who authorized your account when you signed up originally. You can find out more about switching plans here: https://support.hpinstantink.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?docId=emr_na-c00305126&docLocale=en_US&docId=emr_na-c00305126
- There is no pro-rated reimbursement for the time you were with HP Instant Ink if you cancel part way through your plan. You will only be refunded for the unused days left in your billing cycle.
- If you signed up on an annual basis, you’ll receive a pro-rated refund of the amount you’ve paid so far minus $2 for each full month remaining in your 12-month term. Your credit card will be charged if any fees for further printing are incurred. Depending on when you cancel, the charge may appear in the following month.
N/B If you’d like to know how HP instant Ink works, you can read the full article here. Also, if you’re thinking of rejoining the program, why not do it in style with one of the best instant inst ink printers in the market right now.
Step by step process of canceling HP Instant Ink
Now before canceling your membership, make sure to pick the correct reason of cancellation for why you’re leaving their program! Here are some reasons of cancellation:
I do not want to continue with HP Instant Ink (Please select this option if you don’t want to continue with the plan)
My printer is no longer compatible (Please select this option if your printer is not compatible anymore and you wish to unsubscribe from HP Instant Ink)
I have reached my high-volume limit (Please select this option if you’ve either exceeded your monthly high volume ink allowance and would like to unsubscribe or if you just simply do not want any more high volume ink delivered)
You can only pick one of those options so make sure that’s the reason why you’re leaving their program. If it’s because “your printer is no longer compatible” as the reason, please let us know in the comments below if it was a success or if they tried to make you pay a certain fee.
Otherwise, here are the steps:
Step 1: Sign in to hpinstantink.com/signin. Your HP Instant Ink account page opens.
Step 2: Scroll down to the “Settings” section of your account page, and click on the “Cancel plan” link.
Step 3: Select one of the reasons why you are unsubscribing from HP Instant Ink. Your reason will be used to allocate your refund if applicable. If you select “I do not want to continue with HP Instant Ink”, please make sure that is really what you’re choosing or else it won’t process correctly.
Step 4: Click the “Submit” button on your screen. You’ll see a message saying that we’re processing your request.
Step 5: After this step, they may ask you several follow-up questions like asking for confirmation of why you canceled or they may even ask for your reason for cancellation again. Just answer those questions and you should be fine.
Step 6: Click on the “Cancel Membership” button on their screen to complete the process.
Step 7: Read through their Terms and Conditions and then check off that you’ve read it before you click “I agree”. Scroll down then click on the purple box that says “Submit”. Congrats! You now canceled HP Instant Ink!
After this your page will redirect you to a probably a page saying something like, This is not a final confirmation. We will notify you via email when we have completed processing your request. Please make arrangements for any printing needs during this time.” which means they haven’t yet finalized your cancellation but if you don’t need any HP Instant Ink service until your next billing cycle, you can ignore this email since it doesn’t really affect you.
If they continue to send you emails, don’t worry about it! It’s just them finalizing everything for your cancellation of HP Instant Ink. If sometime in the future, you want to rejoin their program, simply go back into hpinstantink.com/signin and sign up again. They will not ask why you canceled but instead will just get you signed up for their services again without any hassle.
Thanks for reading through our step-by-step instructions on canceling HP Instant Ink!
Please make sure when you cancel, that you select ‘I DO NOT want to continue with HP Instant Ink’ ***OR*** Your printer is no longer compatible. Everything else will make them try to get more money out of you somehow.
Please let us know if this article was helpful in the comments below! Also, let us know how your cancellation went for your HP Instant Ink service down below! Good luck canceling it successfully!!
FYI: You will be notified by HP 10 days prior of your renewal/current billing cycle before any changes are made. In order to avoid being charged, please cancel at least 10 business days before your billing is set to end. Cancellation is effective the day following the last day of your current membership month and plan term. Your membership with Instant Ink ends at 11:59 PST on that same date! We recommend canceling as close as possible to the start of your next billing cycle so you don’t receive a new cartridge sooner than you want to.
**If your cartridge is already full when you cancel, HP will send it back to you unless you pay for the ink and shipping fees yourself***